Follow by Email

Monday, 10 June 2013

Wash Day

Hello hello!

Come this last Friday, I was sick as a puppy dog but still fought to carry out my normal wash day. The last time I was this ill coupled with food poisoning, my hair was the last thing on my mind and boy did it punish me for that!!! This time around my lovely boyfriend saved the day and this is how....

  1. Pre-pooed with mix of shea butter, JBCO and coconut oil on new growth and Organics Carrot oil creme (to try and use up - still some left!) and grapeseed oil on the hair length whilst sat in bubble bath made by the boyf!
  2. After a good long soak and all the water drained, I attempted to stand and shampoo my hair with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo......this is where it all started to go wrong! With a half a head full of shampoo (I managed to do one half already) I found I could barely stand I was that weak...thankfully I have a detachable shower head over the bath set up and an amazing boyfriend who came to my rescue and finished rinsing out my shampoo for me whilst I sat in the bath like a child!
  3. He stuck around and helped me with my tea rinse (green tea/peppermint mix).
  4. and addition and rinse of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration followed by Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment.
  5. With help getting my sorry behind out of the bath I soaked up excess water with a towel and applied ORS Replenishing Conditioner throughout my hair and sat under my steamer for 30 mins with tomato soup waiting for me!
  6. Let my hair cool down for however long it took Nadal to win a set against Djokovic in the French Open semi finals then rinsed out the conditoner following a quick detangle with my shower comb. I always rinse out my conditioner with my head over the side of the bath because I am not one for getting in and out of the shower.
  7. I soaked up excess water with a towel then finger combed my hair back into it's natural position of going down from head to my back (because hanging over the side of the bath turns it all upside down!) and then wrapped in one of those super absorbency turban towels for half hour. 
  8. I applied my leave ins of Organics Leave in liquid mayo and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to my hair in 4 sections and detangled.
  9. My detangling wasn't the best I've ever done but luckily my hair was so soft and really not that all of a tangled mess so I did the best I could with my weak self and then air dried with the scarf method whilst watching the rest of the tennis.

Hair before (with week of moisturising and sealing build up) and air dried after. I'm always in my dressing gown on wash days!

13 weeks of new growth!

 These are of my hair 2 days after wash day. I'm trying to moisturise and seal with minimal amount of moisturiser as my hair still feeling pretty damn soft but will start applying castor oil to my scalp nightly in prep for relaxer on Wednesday. Will likely be trimming my skinny skinny ends also but excited to see length progess before I do!

What I learnt from this wash day is that having a regimen that you don't really have to think about and just know what you've got to do at each step is a Godsend when you can barely hold yourself up! Yes I likely cut corners - only one possibly half arsed lather with the shampoo which I think showed with the ever so slight residue feeling on my hair and minimum effort detangle but all in all I was happy that my hair got some much needed moisture (steaming is like manna from heaven!). I made the decision that I will end my stretch this week after I washed my hair, having a feel around my new growth so was unable to do a Aphogee 2 min treatment in preparation but I will of course tailor my subsequent post relaxer wash days to try and counter-act the chemicals! But till then, I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and much less stressful wash days!!