Tuesday 6 August 2013

July review and August goals

I have been completely MIA this month because been focused on writing my PhD thesis which is due in a Month and still soo much to write so please forgive me! I have been keeping up with my hair care and hope to start giving updates on a more regular basis again. But for now on to the goals of the month past and the month to come!

So how did I do?
  • Drink >1.5L of water a day - WINNER!! Not always more but I hit 1.5L nearly every day of July (weekends were slightly harder but having an app for my phone seriously helps!)
  • No product purchases - WINNER!! For the first time in a long time I managed no purchases for an extended period of time - sooooo proud of myself for this one! Though as soon as July was over I hit that BSS store and bought some needed extras for my regimen...
  • Use up at least one product (bottle or tub) - WINNER!!! Finally finished my tub of Organics Carrot moisturiser!
  • Exercise 5 days a week with at least 2 trips to gym - FAILED -but only just. I definitely upped my workout schedule but still not quite there...
  • 2x twist/braid outs - WINNER!! Loving this for my hair!!! Messy curly buns all the way!
  • Apply castor oil to scalp 3 times a week - WINNER!! I think this is definitely helping the hair growth/thickness especially my nape!
  • Try a co-wash - HALLELUJAH WINNER!!! Best thing I've ever done for my hair. I'm royally annoyed I didn't start doing this earlier!! Now co-wash once a week and shampoo once a week.
  • Read at least a couple of pages of a book everyday - FAILED. I started strong on this but then the love for the book I was reading faded hard!!! 
75% success for the month of July and I'm really proud of the product related ones as I am seriously trying to stop my product junkie ways...I shouldn't need to buy anything again till the end of the year at the earliest as all my staples are fully stocked and just going to try and use up all the extras!

So goals for August : 
  • Drink 2L of water a day on weekdays 1.5L on weekends.
  • Eat a portion of fruit and veg each per day
  • Use up at least one hair product
  • Exercise 5 days a week with at least 2 trips to the gym
  • Read at least a couple of pages of a book everyday
  • Say the Rosary once a week
Good luck to all for the month of August (the best month of the year as it's my birthday month!)

No comments:

Post a Comment